DCL, as the property owner, is responsible for the development of the former Convention Centre site between Kilmore Street and Peterborough Street. We’re calling the site Peterborough Central and we intend to work with an experienced developer(s) to deliver exceptional outcomes for Christchurch.
We envisage that the site will see a comprehensive mixed-use development incorporating residential and apartment living, supported with boutique retail, hospitality and laneways. Its strategic location will see it connect to the Town Hall, the former Crowne Plaza site as well as linking to future developments northward.
DCL has reached out to local and international developers and investors to help ensure the best outcomes for Peterborough Central. The site is ready for market and DCL is starting with a market engagement process that seeks feedback on ideas for the site to make sure we get the best result for the city in a way that ensures a successful outcome for investors.
DCL’s goals for this development include:
- attracting people and residents to the city centre
- creating a new residential community to enhance the existing neighbourhood
- delivering high-quality urban design outcomes
- delivering the first completed residences within 18 months of the appointment of a development partner
- setting a new standard in sustainable development
- setting a standard of diverse and integrated neighbourhood design that can be followed by the wider market.
These goals must be set against commercial viabilities. We want to hear from interested developers and investors about our detailed proposals.
To take part in this process please email or phone Tim Anthon, DCL Development Manager on:
email@example.com +64 (0) 21 428 449 or +64 (0) 3 941 6864.