Update, September 2017: Funding available under the Creating Momentum Regeneration Fund is now extremely limited, and we expect the fund will be exhausted in the coming months.
We understand that true regeneration doesn’t just come from building major facilities or making big moves – it comes ground up from the community. That’s why DCL has created the New Brighton Creating Momentum Regeneration Fund.
The purpose of the fund is to empower people in the community to undertake projects, initiatives, events or business ventures that contribute to regenerating New Brighton’s core. $100,000 is available on a ‘first come, first serve basis’.
Specifically, we’re looking at providing financial assistance towards ideas that contribute to the following objectives:
- To increase the number of people of all ages who live, work, visit and spend in New Brighton and along the adjacent coast.
- To increase private sector investment in New Brighton, growing existing businesses, new businesses and employment opportunities.
- To develop unique local facilities, infrastructure and natural assets that reflect New Brighton’s coastal environment and are supported by community engagement.
- To build communities that are more resilient are adaptable to natural hazards and the impacts of climate change.
- To build local residents’ ownership of regeneration in New Brighton in order to revitalise the area from the inside out.
- To improve the opportunities available to New Brighton residents in order to have positive influence on their quality of life and outlook.
You can download the Terms and Conditions and Application form here.
Please return your completed Application Form and all other required documentation to email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.