The Creating Momentum Regeneration Fund ran throughout 2017 and provided funding for a variety of community initiatives that contributed towards New Brighton’s revitalisation.
The fund, which closed in December 2017, was allocated $100,000 and resulted in fun, exciting projects that are helping to breath life back into New Brighton. Some of the projects included:
- Imagination Station – a pop-up in Carnaby Lane featuring all the fun and activities for kids that have made their Central City location such a success
- Carnaby Lane Revitalisation Project – beginning in November 2017, DCL is supporting local business owners’ and landlord plans to revitalise the lane with new murals, planter boxes, and murals
- Community-led events – DCL has provided funding for Rockabilly Show & Shine, the Duke Festival of Surfing, and the Canterbury Men’s Surfing Championships
- New Brighton Online – a community-run online directory of local businesses and things for visitors to do in New Brighton
- New Brighton Business and Landowners – branding and website upgrade
- Artisan Emporium – marketing and advertising for a collective of small businesses at 105 Brighton Mall.
- ARGO Beach Co-working – funding for three six-month full time scholarships to contribute to expanding New Brighton’s knowledge economy, and provide support for entrepreneurs in the East.