Finance Assistant / Analyst
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Finance Assistant/Analyst reports to the Director Corporate Services/CFO and acts as their ‘right hand’, ensuring the day to day accounting and reporting needs are being met. The Finance Assistant/Analyst provides the full range of end to end accounting support, monthly / annual reporting, tax, audit preparation and assistance, planning, payroll and facilities and other corporate services support. The Finance Assistant/Analyst will provide analytical financial support services to other members of the DCL Team.
This is an important position with responsibilities to the Director Corporate Services/CFO and the Leadership Team. It is expected that the Finance Assistant/Analyst maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity, display a positive attitude and a team focus and be inquiring and articulate.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In order to be effective in the position the Finance Assistant/Analyst shall have and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent professional qualification and seeking further professional qualifications.
- Experience in supporting a financial accounting function as an accounting assistant or analyst.
- Understanding of tax, payroll and accounting procedures.
- Experience with online accounting software and systems.
- Experience in providing analysis and insights through utilising and enhancing the data available.
- Familiarity with finance regulations.
- Good mathematical skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Significant experience with MS Excel.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Highly literate with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
If you require further information, or to apply for the position, please contact Carrie-Leigh Luckings at Carrie-Leigh.Luckings@dcl.org.nz
The Position Description can be downloaded here
Applications close: 12 noon, Friday 27th April 2018