By accessing and browsing this website and subsidiary websites, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms outlined in our Disclaimer, Copyright, Privacy, and Social Media Use policies.
The preparation and provision of the information on this website has been made in good faith from a number of sources that are believed to be reliable. All due care has been taken to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date.
DCL shall not be liable for any errors and omissions, nor for any direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, or the information contained on it, or from using the transaction processing services on them.
DCL does not guarantee or represent that the content and/or facilities (including, but not limited to, transaction processing services) available or accessible via this website and subsidiary websites will always be accurate, complete or current; free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components; or that access to this website and subsidiary websites will be uninterrupted.
Links and references to other websites are provided as a convenience only. DCL has not reviewed and does not endorse or assume responsibility for material posted or services or products offered on any other website. If you wish to provide a link to our site from your website, you must do so in such a way that it is clear to users that the pages are part of the DCL website. You must not represent any page on this website in a subframe. You must not do anything which alters our website or interferes with how it works.
This website, including these terms, is changed and updated from time to time. Some of the online services made available by DCL may be subject to additional terms and conditions. By accessing and using any online or other interactive service, users are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions applicable to that service.
Unless otherwise indicated, DCL holds the copyright and other proprietary rights on all material on this website and on subsidiary websites. This material can be used for personal and non-commercial purposes free of charge without the permission of DCL, provided that the source and copyright status of the material is acknowledged, the material is reproduced accurately and it is not used in a derogatory or misleading way.
Photography on this website is the copyright of Richard Simmonds Photography, http://rsphotos.co.nz.
Trademarks and logos
DCL does not authorise the use of trademarks and logos on this website, and on subsidiary websites, without prior written permission. These are the registered or unregistered trade marks of DCL or others. You must not copy or use our trademarks (including the DCL logo), except if you first obtain our written permission.
Third party copyright
Some material on this website is sourced from third parties. Permission cannot be granted by DCL to reproduce any copyright material available on this website that is owned by a third party.
The information in this privacy statement applies to personal and other information collected on http://dcl.org.nz
You can browse the website without providing any personal information. The website does not automatically collect any personal information about you.
Site use information
However, when you visit this website we automatically log some non-personal information, namely:
- the IP addresses from which you accessed the site;
- the terms you used to search for content on the site;
- the pages you accessed;
- the last site you visited before coming to this site and the type of browser and operating system you use, and your screen resolution.
This information cannot be used to identify you and will be used only for the purposes of system administration, reporting within the Council, and to audit the use of the site.
DCL is required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. Personal information is collected, held and used in accordance with the principles set out in that Act. In particular, DCL will:
- use personal information only for the purpose for which it is collected;
- retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected;
- release personal information to a third party only when required to or permitted to by law, if you have authorised the release or where disclosure is connected to the purpose for which the information was collected.
If you think that DCL has breached the Privacy Act or if you would like to find out more about the Council’s obligations you can contact the Privacy Commissioner’s privacy hotline 0800 803 909.
Social Media Use
Customer Use Policy
DCL may engage customers through many digital outlets, including Facebook, Twitter and various apps.
Please be aware that when engaging with the DCL over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on a DCL Social Media Site
- Christchurch City Council agencies share information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by DCL personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for DCL’s social media page or post. DCL social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official DCL social media pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s TOS.
- DCL social media channels are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.